Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

DUA 4

4. Use comprehensive words.‘Aishah says that the Prophet, peace be upon him, loved the short but comprehensive, meaningful supplications, more than others. Fiqh us Sunnah gives below some of these supplications, which are a must for every believer:

Anas reported that the Prophet, peace be upon him, frequently prayed, “O Allah, give us all the good of this world, and the good of the life hereafter, and save us from the punishment of the fire.” Abdallah ibn ‘Abbas reported that the Prophet, peace be upon him, prayed to Allah,

“My Lord, help me and do not turn against me. Grant me victory, and do not grant victory over me. Plan on my behalf and do not plan against me. Guide me, and make the guidance easy for me. Grant me victory over those who act wrongfully toward me. O Allah, make me grateful to You, mindful of You, in awe of You, devoted to your obedience, humble, penitent, and ever turning to You in repentance. My Lord, accept my repentance, wash away my sins, answer my supplication, clearly establish my evidence, guide my heart, make my tongue true, and draw out malice from my breast.”

No comments:

Post a Comment