Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Seeking knowledge

Seeking knowledge

1. The Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) used to say: “O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from four things: Knowledge which does not profit, a heart which is not submissive, a soul which has an insatiable appetite, and a supplication which is not heard.“
Source: Narrated Abu Hurayrah in Sunan Abu Dawud, hadith 614.

2. When the Prophet, peace be upon him, woke he would say, “There is no god but You, glory be to You. O Allah, I seek Your forgiveness of my sins, and ask for Your mercy. O Allah, increase me in knowledge, and let not my heart deviate after You have guided me on the right path. Grant me mercy from You, for You are the Grantor of bounties without measure.”Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah.
Narrated Zayd ibn Arqam: I am not going to say anything but only that which Allah’s Apostle (peace be upon him) used to say. He used to supplicate: “O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from incapacity, from sloth, from cowardice, from miserliness, decrepitude and from torment of the grave. O Allah, grant to my soul the sense of righteousness and purify it, for Thou art the Best Purifier thereof. Thou art the Protecting friend thereof, and Guardian thereof. O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from the knowledge which does not benefit, from the heart that does not entertain the fear (of Allah), from the soul that does not feel contented and the supplication that is not responded.”
Source: Sahih Muslim, hadith 1260.

No comments:

Post a Comment