Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Seeking protection from debt

Seeking protection from debt
Allah’s Apostle used to invoke Allah in the prayer saying, “O Allah, I seek refuge with you from all sins, and from being in debt.” Someone said, O Allah’s Apostle! (I see you) very often you seek refuge with Allah from being in debt. He replied, “If a person is in debt, he tells lies when he speaks, and breaks his promises when he promises.”
Source: Narrated by Aisha (ra) in Sahih Bukhari, volume 3 hadith #582.

“O Allah! I seek refuge with you (Allah) from (worries) care and grief, from incapacity and laziness, from miserliness and cowardice, from being heavily in debt and from being overpowered by other men.”Narrated by Abu Talha to Anas bin Malik in Sahih Bukhari,hadith #374. Abu Sa’id al-Khudri reported, “One day the Prophet (s) entered the mosque. He saw there a man from the Ansar called Abu Umamah. He asked, ‘What is the matter with you that I see you sitting in the mosque when it is not the time of prayer.’ He replied, ‘I am very much worried and in great debt, O Messenger of Allah!’ The Prophet said, ‘Let me teach you words to say so that Allah will remove your worries and settle your debt?’ He exclaimed, ‘Of course, O, Messenger of Allah.’ The Prophet said, ‘Say in morning and evening, “O Allah, I seek refuge in You from all worry and grief. I seek refuge in You from incapacity and slackness. I seek refuge in You from cowardice and niggardliness, and I seek refuge in You from being overcome by debt and being subjected to men“.’ The man said, ‘When I did that, Allah removed all my worries and settled my debt’.”
(Abu Daw’ud) in Fiqh-us-Sunnah.

No comments:

Post a Comment